Research & Development
There are many drivers to Research and Development.
Development in manufacturing techniques influences the quality and efficiencies applied within the Production Department. Industry demands a material or product's performance to reach new limits of the application or to provide safer working in arduous conditions.
In many cases, new legislation designed to reduce our environmental impact has driven technological advancements that put further on polymer science to meet the increased demands of tribology and physical properties.
Fluorocarbon's engineers both contribute and advise within leading Polymer and Industry bodies. This enables us to both understand and influence our and our customer's industries take in new technologies or improvements in existing processes or equipment.
Offering design, development and laboratory testing facilities to handle projects from concept to full scale manufacture, our team of qualified R&D engineers and material specialists carry out on-going new material and product development projects. Using our strong relationships with worldwide partners we offer engineering solutions tailored to suit specific applications.
- Advice on materials selection from our range of over 500 grades of material
- Development of special products for which no standard products exist
- Adaptation of existing products to meet new requirements
- Development and improvements to manufacturing capabilities
- On-site consultations
- Non-disclosure & Joint development agreements
- State of the art CAD/CAM technology
- Laboratory testing including polymers physical properties testing