What is PCTFE?
PCTFE is a homopolymer of chlorotrifluoroethylene. The addition of a chlorine bond contributes to lower the melt viscosity, which permits extrusion, compression moulding and injection moulding. It also contributes to the transparency, the exceptional flow resistance and the rigidity characteristics of the polymer. Fluorine is responsible for its chemical inertness and effectively zero moisture absorption.
We manufacture PCTFE semi-finished products including rod, tube and sheet by extrusion and compression moulding. In addition to this we machine and mould finished components for a range of industries including Aerospace, Semi-conductor, Petrochemical and Oil and Gas. We ensure the highest quality materials by conducting zero strength time (ASTM D1430) and mechanical property testing (ASTM D638).
Our semi-finished capacity and capability
- Moulded tube up to 1250mm (50”) dia
- Moulded rod up to 300mm (12”) dia
- Extruded tube up to 100mm (4”) dia
- Extruded rod up to 100mm (4”) dia
- Moulded sheet up to 500mm x 500mm x 35mm (19.5” x 19.5” x 1.5”)
- Cryogenic applications
- Excellent resistance to cold flow
- Dimensional stability through a wide temperature range
- Extremely low gas permeability
- Extremely low moisture absorption
- FDA Approved
- Good transparency
- Cryogenic valve seats
- High pressure gas seats and seals
- Semi-conductor process components such as wafer boats.
- Sight Glasses and windows
- Electrical components
- High Vacuum plant
Typical Physical Properties
|298K (25°C)||144K (-129°C)||21K (-252°C)|
|Specific Gravity (ASTM D792)||2.10 – 2.17|
|Tensile Strength MPa (ASTM D638)||39||150||200|
|Elongation % (ASTM D638)||>20||9||5|
|Zero strength time moulded sec||>200|
|Zero strength time extruded sec||>100|
|Max continuous temperature*||180°C|